Mercedes-Benz Transmission Replacement and Repair in Brooklyn
Is your Mercedes-Benz in need of a transmission repair or replacement? Here at Mercedes-Benz of Brooklyn, our service center offers our certified technicians to repair or replace your transmission.
Seeing your transmission experience more wear during the ownership of your vehicle than any other mechanical component, it is necessary to stay on top of routine maintenance or repairs at the first sign of trouble. Providing the true luxury experience, we want to help you retain the opulence that is standard with your Mercedes-Benz with tips for awareness and maintenance for your transmission.
Schedule Transmisson Replacement
Warning Signs My Mercedes-Benz Needs a New Transmission
As a behind-the-scenes part, your Mercedes-Benz’s transmission may come with problems that are not as easily noticeable. The warning signs that you need to be aware of that indicate a defective transmission include:
- Refusal to Switch Gears – Low transmission or the wrong fluid or is oftentimes to blame in this situation
- Burning Smell – Overheating or old transmission fluid is the root cause of this issue
- Neutral Noises – Noises coming from your vehicle when your car is in neutral are a sure sign of transmission trouble.
- Slipping Gears – This scenario is dangerous while you’re on the road. If your gears slip, make sure to let our auto repair mechanic take a look.
- Dragging Clutch – A dragging clutch fails to disengage the clutch disk from the flywheel in your vehicle when you press the clutch pedal.
- Leaking Fluid- Comes in the form of a red or dark brown with a seared odor
- Check Engine Light – Never ignore this light. While it could be minor, have our technicians diagnose the problem.
- Grinding or Shaking – Common with automatic car transmissions.
- Unresponsive – If your vehicle does not respond when you attempt to change gears—especially from park to drive—it’s most likely caused by a problem with your transmission
How Often Should I Replace My Transmission Fluid?
To combat any underlying issues or unexpected problems, we recommend replacing the transmission fluid after 60,000 to 100,000 miles if it is your first time. If you are a city driver with constant changes of gears, we suggest you replace your automatic transmission fluid closer to the 60,000-mile mark.
After the first transmission fluid change, we recommend routine replacement every two to three years or 25,000 to 30,000 miles.
It is best to familiarize yourself with your owner’s manual for the best service interval of your Mercedes-Benz year, make, and model. We ensure to use genuine OEM Mercedes-Benz parts to maintain its original factory make.
Schedule Service Appointment in Brooklyn
When your Mercedes-Benz transmission requires a replacement or repair, schedule an appointment online with our Brooklyn service center. We offer your available service specials to benefit you during your scheduled appointment.
Our flagship dealership also offers service and parts financing to allow you to receive the necessary service without fronting the cost immediately.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about our available routine maintenance services, please feel free to contact our team. We look forward to hearing from you soon!